Saturday, May 26, 2007

Starr's First Baby Quilt

Well, I did it! My motherly instincts are kicking in and I finished my first baby quilt. I told Mac I was getting the bug to start making/sewing something, so we bought a sewing machine with the help of mom and voila---baby blanket!!
Mac helped pick out the colors and even helped me snip all the edges. He was a great help! My friend Megan gave me a 3 hour startup lesson, so I could finish it on my own. It's definitely not perfect, but I think all the imperfections give it some character.
I think my mom was in shock when I told her I was interested in sewing a blanket myself and jumped at the chance to help us buy the sewing machine. Thanks mom!

3 comments:

Katie Goulding Sierer said...

I love the colors Starr!! Great job!

Carolyn Townsend said...

Starr,
That is awesome that you made a quilt and actually finished it. I made a quilt for Cassidy but never finished it until I was pregnant with Cayden. It took me a 1 1/2 years.

So congrats!!

Brianne said...

Starr, I didn't know you were so talented. Welcome to motherhood. I'm so glad that you're a blogger too. Now I'll get to hear all about your adventures and hopefully when the baby comes.