Sunday, June 3, 2012

Old Hundred Mine...Silverton, CO

On our way to Durango we stopped in Silverton, CO to take a mine tour...so cool!  We were issued hard hats, coats, and boarded a little train to head into Old Hundred Mine.  I have to admit it was dark and I didn't realize going a half mile into a mountain might trigger my claustrophobia...but it did.  Once we stopped and I saw there were lots of lanterns lit and I realized I'd be able to stand up completely I was fine and thoroughly enjoyed the tour.  The kids loved it...Connor was our tour guide's little helper and got to check out all the old machinery used by the miners.  The kids and dad also also got to dig for gold after the tour.  Mac and Connor decided to ride down the mountain on their bikes while Abby and I waited at the bottom.  








No comments: