Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cowtown Half Marathon!!!




Well, I finally did it...I ran in the half marathon in Forth Worth Texas! I made a goal before Connor was born to run in the Austin half marathon in February, but since it sold out quickly my sister-in-law, Emily, and I registered for the one in Forth Worth! It was one weekend after the Austin marathon, which was nice to get one extra training week in....the only draw back was the higher elevation brought a little colder weather. We ran at 7:30am Saturday morning and the temperature didn't rise above 38 degrees til much later after our race. Luckily, Emily and I were able to run together the entire race! It helps so much to have each other for constant motivation. Mac, Darrin, and Connor were right there with us, well more like with us at the 7mi, 10mi, and finish line cheering us on! They were so great! We felt so good afterwards that we're pretty determined to do it again sometime. Oh and in case you're wondering our chip time was 2:09:46 That is a 9:54 min/mile. Our goal was to do 10 min miles, so we met our goal!!! Whoohoo....way to go Em!!!

pics to come!

7 comments:

Todd & Monica Knighton said...

You are amezing Start. That is a long time to keep runing. Congrats!

Katie Goulding Sierer said...

YEA Starr and Emily!!! you guys are awesome!!!!

Byron and Tara said...

Way to go!! Great accomplishment for both of you.

Anonymous said...

whoohooo!!

Brianne said...

That's so amazing...Congratulations!! I think that is such an accomplishment. I would love to do something like that, but it brings back horrible memories of running in college. j/k Can't wait to see some pics.

SD said...

So great! You don't even look tired... I'm amazed!

Megs said...

Wow, that is awesome. I am just about to start training for a 10K in May. You can be my inspiration. Way to go!!