Friday, May 2, 2008

It's Official...

We are officially first time home-buyers! After the most difficult and stressful process ever we finally have our first house! In case some of you didn't know we are moving in about 2 weeks to Vernal Utah. We are very excited to be living within an hour of Mac's parents. Connor will get to learn how to ride horses, camp, go 4-wheeling, and I'm sure take rides with daddy on the motorbike. I've never lived out in the country, so this will be a new experience for me. Mac seems to think I'll fall in love with it and not want to leave....we'll see. We have a Walmart about 5 minutes from our house and as far as any other shopping goes it will be from online. Of course we'll have the occassional trips to Salt Lake or Provo for shopping, but for the most part....Walmart. It'll be an adjustment from now where Target, Costco, the mall, and pretty much everything else is all less than 10 minutes from our home.

We've had such a good time here being so close with Darrin and Emily and having the best babysitters in the world for Connor! We're going to miss them as well as the countless friends we've made here. I've been in denial about the move until today since we bought our home. I know it'll be great though and we're excited to meet new people and grow as a family.

Moving always seems to give you the opportunity to become better and make new goals for yourself especially since you're starting over with new surroundings and people. So far my goals are to find a piano teacher and continue to learn the piano, entertain more in our home, and be more outgoing (still a little on the shy side with new people). I am also looking into being a volunteer volleyball coach at the local high school, which is one street over from us! Mac and I are also planning on doing our first triathlon together sometime before summer ends. We'll let you know how it all goes!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the new house! I didn't know you were moving to Vernal and thats not too far away from Denver.

Todd & Monica Knighton said...

Hey congratulations on the new home!! That is really exciting! You are also going to love all of the bills that come along with it, but that's ok cause you will work a lot less than in grad school and get paid a whole lot more! Moni teases me that we just have meetings all day and we conclude from the meeting to have another one. Congrats--Todd

Lindsay said...

wow congratulations! Stumbled on you guys from another blog- it's fun to see what you've been up to! I don't think I even knew you had a baby! Connor is adorable- it looks like you guys are just great!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love moving. It means it's time for decorating! : )

Brianne said...

I feel SO bad!! I was just in Austin this past weekend and I didn't even get in touch with you! I'm so sorry and I would have loved to see you again. Bummer for me!!!

Congratulations on the new home! It's so exciting. Something that is all yours and you can do with it as you wish. Much better than renting!

Oh, and I'm sure you'll love living in the country, I do. After having lived outside city limits and now living WAY too close to my neighbors, I love the freedom. You get used to the shopping being far. :)

Coming soon.... said...

Congrats! That is so exciting.

KLo said...

Even though I'm not happy about this move and we will miss Starr SO MUCH in YW (she taught me the ropes!) I love your new house and this can be an exciting adventure!!! Keep posting pics of Connor so we can see how darn cute he is while he grows!!!! You will be GREAT!!!! (and I just got 2 new totally cute skirts from Wal Mart!)

K said...

Oh Vernal, UT (I lived there from for 7 years *until I was 10*)...I'm happy that you're from Alaska and will do well with the brutal winters. =) I hope you like it! I feel like you're officially living the real life now...you have a home, baby, and you're considering a triathalon...oh wait, that last part isn't a typical real life scenario...but the rest is pretty darn real life. Congrats, girl, you seem oh so happy!!! Good luck with the triathalon (I mean, really, Starr, what can you NOT do???)