Sunday, July 13, 2008

Xango Echo Triathlon

What a beautiful perfect day we had for our first Triathlon! After months and months of training--oh wait, more like 3 weeks of good hard training we finished our first triathlon. It started off very cold when we arrived around 5:45am. Once we got in the water it had warmed up and the water felt great especially having wetsuits. Mac started 5 mins before I did in his heat @ 7:40am and then I went at 7:45am. We both had a rough swim not used to the open/murky water, but got through it around 21 minutes. Mac had a great bike at 43 mins and I took my sweet ole time in transition-not having a clue at how much time I had wasted,which ended up being 7 minutes! My bike took about 50 mins which I attribute to the constant up-climb at the end. Mac and I both took our time on the run portion and did it around 29 mins. It was great though because we passed each other 3 times throughout the race and were able to cheer each other on.
Grandma Burton, Uncle Jared, and Connor were there cheering us on! It really meant a lot to us. So, overall Mac finished in 1 hour and 40mins while I was 1 hour and 50 mins. We were really happy with how everything went and hope to do more in the future!
P.S. For those who saw the picture of Mac in his wetsuit, he made me take it off the blog. He didn't think it was the most attractive picture of him. I told him wetsuits aren't the most flattering piece of clothing.

8 comments:

ToddS said...

Please include more pictures of Mac in a wetsuit in the future. I don't think I'll be able to eat for a week...or take the sacrament.

Bobbi Mason said...

I found you via Dana Aasland! So good to find you! I am currently prego, but already plan on doing my first triatholon next May. I am so excited! I am a crappy swimmer, but I think it will be a ton of fun! Way to go on yours. That is awesome. I am having another girl at the end of October, during vb regions. Good timing huh? =) Check out my blog: www.bobbirizzmason.blogspot.com. Take care!

Gords said...

Congrats on completing your first Tri. Good job.

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Congrats!

[Stacia] said...

Hey Starr! Congrats on your triathalon! I've been trying to talk Nate into doing one with me. We're doing this two week triatholon program our local rec center is doing-I think it's going to be fun! We're also hoping to do a relay-marathon type thing next spring but we'll have to wait and see when I get pregnant-I may be due next spring...maybe we can talk you guys into being on our team. Anyway, Sorry I didn't get back to you before you were in Coaville-I was planning a 50th party for my parents and it just happened to fall on the same day as your tri-hopefully we can get together soon when things settle down. Congrats again!

Stacia

Jill Wagner said...

Congrats on your triatholon! That is awesome! Brandon & I have been talking about doing one for a couple years. It's about time we get our rear end in gear and just do it.

Sean, Em and Milo Volk said...

Starr - I link to your blog from Mullins' and also Wagner's blogs - it's so fun to keep up with you. Glad you are liking Vernal. Connor is so cute! He's getting big! If you want to check us out, we are at seanemvolk.blogspot.com

Megs said...

Way to go!! I am so impressed that you did it and in such good time.