Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's never too late...

So, back when I was young my mom made me take piano lessons. By the time I got into Jr. High my mom said I could decide on whether or not to take lessons. She was tired of fighting me. Of course I quit at my first chance and I've always remembered what my mom said, "You're going to regret it." So this is one of those times where my mom can say, "I told you so!" Yes, I do regret it! I'm now 26 years old and taking lessons again because I want to play the piano well. This is my 2nd week at it and I love it! It makes such a difference when it's your decision to do something. I love to practice and wish sometimes I could practice more. I'm one of only two adults taking lessons from my teacher, but I don't care....I'm loving it! I just had to make it known I would not be appearing in her recitals. It's nice to know though that just because we're getting older it doesn't mean we can't pick up new hobbies anymore.

No comments: