Monday, October 20, 2008

Denver, CO






Last week Mac had a conference in Denver he had to go to and we decided it would be fun to take the whole family. It was a 5 1/2 hour drive and Connor did exceptionally well. A friend let us borrow their DVD player which saved us about the last 45 mins of the trip each way. To add to my excitement of our little vacation we were staying at the Ritz Carlton! After much anticipation and excitement for such luxury, I have to stay I was very disappointed. They should have a sign on their doors saying Families Not Welcome. Don't get me wrong it's great if you do not have any kids with you, but if you do let me warn you about a few things...no microwaves, the refrigerators are filled with liquor, no kids allowed in gym or pool facilities!! The first night we got there I had a Gerber meal you heat in the microwave for Connor and I had to call room service and have them come pick up his little gourmet meal and take it down to their industrial sized microwaves for a 30 sec sauna and then back up to my room. I was so irritated that it's not all the extra work it took them to make Connor's meal happen, but the fact that when they do that sort of thing you also have to tip them. Let's just say we made other arrangements for Connor's meals after that.

Some very fun highlights we had were visiting the Denver Aquarium, seeing the Denver Nuggets play the Utah Jazz, and strolling around downtown Denver everyday with Connor! Here are a few pics...

1 comment:

Bingham Bunch said...

I was laughing so hard as I read of your experiences at the hotel.....we did that same thing last year when Bart had a conference in San Antonio. We stayed right on the riverwalk and should have high tailed it out of there when the Valet Parking guy kept making blasphemous commentaries for each child we pulled out of the suburban. I also got in trouble for having the kids in the pool (with their intertubes and noodles no less) and yes.....we had several helpers prying the foil off the wine bottles. We learned our lesson and find the Marriott residence inns suit us just fine when traveling as a fam!