Thursday, March 31, 2011

Conversations with Connor...

I know I have been a horrible blogger these days, but to my defense we have a lot going on. Well, it's really just the stress of house hunting, but it does sort of consume all of my free time these days. I did want to share some funny conversations I've had with Connor these past few weeks though....

Standing in Line at the Post Office (Lots of bystanders):
C-"Mom, look at that lady's BIG belly!" (As the poor lady walks out the door)
M-"You remember when mommy had a big belly like that huh? I was carrying Abby in my tummy."
C- "So does she have a baby in her tummy?"
M- "Yep!"
About 30 seconds past
C- "But, did she swallow it?" (So serious)
The whole line of people giggle
M- "No."
C- "Then how did it get there?"
M- "Let's ask dad about that tonight."
Whole line of people murmur "Yeah, that's right, ask dad!"

One night for Family Home Evening Mac was teaching Connor about the priesthood and how Jesus layed his hands upon the 12 disciples to give them each the priesthood. And went on about the line of authority etc.
After a minute or so Connor comes back to Mac and says, "Jesus must have had a lot of hands!"

This little boy is cracking us up without even trying these days and I'm so glad he has a great sense of humor and can laugh with us....we love him!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL That is soo funny! Keep recording all of these, and he will love to read em all when he's grown up! Love the one about "did she swallow the baby?" : )

Unknown said...

LOL Love it! Keep recording these so you can make a book of each of your kid's comments. They'll love it when they're older!